Monday, October 8, 2007

Brainwashed

I was reading my text on American Politics this evening and came across something interesting.

"Because American attitudes are sometimes unstable or uninformed, some critics of our society have argued that we are all brainwashed - duped by T.V. or demagogic leaders into thinking one way or another. Naturally these critics never say they are brainwashed, only the rest of us."

This got me to thinking about the Lost. Since my return to college, I have been assailed by many, many students who are atheists, claiming I have been brainwashed into believing a lie, a myth, a fable. They tell me I need to wake up to the real world, and start making sense of things.

I want to ask these people; "So how do you know you have not been brainwashed? How do you know that secular propagandists have not filled your head with fairy tales of a Big Bang, of billions of years, of dinosaurs transforming into birds, of a world where there is no Judgement and man is god?" Of course these people are convinced that they are not brainwashed. They'd know it, wouldn't they?

2 Corinthians 4:4 "The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."

Psalm 82:5 "They know nothing, they understand nothing. They walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken."

1 John 2:11 "But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness; he does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded him."

No comments: